TechnikNews Weekly # 051: Smartphones, Nintendo Direct 2019, Galaxy S10 and more
The UNPACKED event will take place next week. That is why we often reported about leaks and rumors about the devices that Samsung could present there. But other topics were also the focus. Here is the summary, with us TechnikNews Called Weekly.
Jump to section
Editor Kevin uses this smartphone
Right at the beginning of the week, editor Kevin wrote a column explaining which smartphone he uses and why. Kevin's smartphone of choice has always been one of the latest iPhones. In that case, it's the iPhone XS in gold. He particularly likes the look of the device and iOS, which he has become very familiar with over the years. He also likes the simplicity of the home screen and the camera.
Leaks and rumors about the Galaxy S10 and the offshoots
During the past seven days there have been some reports about the Samsung Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10e, and Galaxy S10 Plus. However, the news about the current pre-orders in the Philippines and the appearance of data sheets were clicked particularly frequently. And yes, there are actually already pre-orders in the Philippines. Selected users have access to a website where you can choose between four devices. Including a limited edition that will only be available from March 15th. The order round ends exactly today, you have to make advance payments in person at a Samsung store of your choice.
Then I reported on leaked data sheets that provide information about the features of the Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10e and Galaxy S10 Plus. These also list which configurations of the individual smartphones will be available, among other things. I found it particularly interesting that the Plus model should be available with a terabyte of memory and 12 gigabytes of RAM. All further details can be found in the linked article.
Date and place for WWDC 2019
At WWDC 2019, iOS 13, watchOS 6, tvOS 13 and the successor to macOS Mojave will most likely be presented. It is believed that this year's WWDC will take place between June 3rd and 7th. Apple could choose the McEnery Convention Center in San Jose as the location. But nobody has received any official invitations yet. Therefore it could be that the assumption will turn out to be wrong.
Announcements at Nintendo Direct 2019
Nintendo Direct 13 began on February 23th at 2019pm. It lasted just under 36 minutes and was broadcast on YouTube. There Nintendo announced some new games, there was no new hardware to be seen. These new announcements include "Zelda: Link's Awakening" and "Super Mario Maker 2". All games will be launched later in 2019.
New tablets from Samsung
Even before the UNPACKED event, Samsung introduced two new tablets: the Galaxy Tab S5e and the Galaxy Tab A (2019) 10.1. The former tablet is a little better equipped than the latter, so the Tab A is also a little cheaper. Both devices have a display that measures more than 10 inches and a mid-rangeproprocessor. Both tablets will be available in black, silver and gold from April 5th.
More articles last week
- Pixel Watch: New signs of life from Google's first smartwatch
- Windows apps: These are the applications I use the most
- Pixel 4 (XL): Dual SIM support could get better
- Galaxy Watch Active: New information about the smartwatch
- Razer Blade Stealth (2019) review: The compact ultrabook for gamers and creative people
- AirPods 2 could get a new design
- AirPower is slated to hit the market in spring
- One UI: Can be used on smartwatches with Galaxy Watch Active
- Instagram: Direct messages for the web client are tested
- Apple: Spring event expected in March
- Apple's video streaming service is expected to be presented in March
- Samsung's 2019 wearable lineup has been leaked
- Breaking Bad: The film based on the series will be released on Netflix
- Beta for Windows 10 20H1 already available
- Huawei Mate 20 review: The solid brother of the Mate 20 Pro?