TechnikNews Weekly # 080: Android 10, Galaxy Fold Hands-on, Nokia at IFA 2019 and more
IFA 2019 is over for us and little by little we are all making our way home. So it's time to look back on the past week full of news in our TechnikNews Weekly looking back.
Jump to section
Android 10 is being distributed
As a leak suggested, Google started distributing Android 3 on September 10rd. For the time being, only all Pixel smartphones and the Essential Phone got it, other devices from other manufacturers will be updated with the update over the next few months. The new features of the upcoming version of Android include a system-wide dark mode and improved gesture control.
- Android 10 is rolling out: Google gives the go-ahead - this is new
- Android 10: These smartphones get the new Android
Samsung Galaxy Fold in hands-on
Samsung could Profinally solve the problem with the Galaxy Fold and brought it to the IFA 2019 in Berlin. And we had the opportunity to take a look at the foldable with a little hands-on. In our article we show what is possible with the new smartphone.
Nokia with new smartphones
Nokia came to the IFA in Berlin with two new smartphones: the Nokia 6.2 and the Nokia 7.2. Both can be classified in the middle class in terms of price and performance, with the 7.2 being a little better equipped than the 6.2. Both devices come with Android Pie and a 3.500 mAh battery. The Nokia 6.2 uses a Snapdragon 636, while the more expensive model uses the Snapdragon 660. The smartphones will hit the market in late September and early October.
Amazon Nebula Soundbar - Fire TV Edition
Another novelty at IFA 2019 is the Amazon Nebula Soundbar - Fire TV Edition. This is not only used to output sound, but also functions as a "hidden Fire TV". In other words, the FireOS operating system is installed on the soundbar, on which apps such as Netflix can be installed. Content can be output to a TV in 4K with HDR10 via an HDMI cable. On November 21st, the Amazon Nebula Soundbar - Fire TV Edition will be released on Amazon, where you can pre-order it now.
Razer with a new gaming ultrabook at IFA 2019
Razer brought the Razer Blade Stealth 13 to IFA. This ultrabook weighs just 1,5 kilograms and still comes with a GTX 1650 that promises decent graphics power. The Core i7-1065G7 from Intel takes care of the computing power. The Blade Stealth 13 comes in black and mercury white with a 4K or full HD display. The entry-level configuration costs 1.680 euros.
TechnikNews Weekly: All other articles from the last week
- Vodafone: 5G network can now be used by all customers at no extra charge
- Apple AR Headset: Proproduction is scheduled to start this year
- Razer: New "World's first" will be presented at IFA 2019
- Apple Watch Series 5: with sleep monitoring?
- OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro: Specs leaked
- AVM: New FRITZ!Proproducts with 5G, WiFi 6 and more Smart Home at IFA 2019
- Acer @ IFA 2019: Swift 5, C250i, new ConceptD models, Predator and Planet9
- Spotify: Android widget is coming back
- Asus @ IFA 2019: ZenBook, ProArt StudioBook, ASUSPRO and Asus ROG II
- Grundig OLED and Grundig Vision 7 - Fire TV Edition presented
- Puma Smartwatch presented at IFA 2019
- Samsung: 55 inch QLED 8K TV presented at IFA
- Galaxy A90 5G officially presented at IFA 2019
- Samsung integrates the new Apple TV app and AirPlay 2 into the Samsung TVs
- Michael Kors @ IFA 2019: Bradshaw 2, Lexington 2, GO
- Samsung Galaxy Book S presented at IFA 2019
- Sonos Move, Sonos One SL and Sonos Port presented
- Philips Hue @ IFA 2019: Hue Filament, Hue Go, Smart Plug, Smart Button and more
- Sony Xperia 5 shown at IFA 2019 - finally more compact
- Logitech @ IFA 2019: MX Master 3 and MX Keys
- Sony WI-1000XM2 hands-on at IFA 2019
- Emporio Armani Connected Smartwatch 3 unveiled at IFA 2019
- Diesel On Smartwatch Axial: Fossil Group's new smartwatch shown at IFA 2019
- Deutsche Telekom's Magenta TV Box presented at IFA
- Kirin 990 5G: Huawei introduces new Processor at the IFA
- Kirin A1: Proprocessor for Huawei gadgets presented at IFA 2019
- Huawei FreeBuds 3: New in-ear headphones presented
- Huawei P30 Pro: New colors presented at IFA 2019
- Garmin Venu presented at IFA 2019
- Sennheiser MOMENTUM 3 presented at IFA 2019
- Lenovo @ IFA 2019: ThinkBook, Smart Display 7, Yoga C940 and more
- Master & Dynamic MW65 ANC review: the inconspicuous audioking?