TechnikNews Weekly # 151: Xiaomi ban, Ubiquiti hack, CES 2021 and more
It's CES week. This week we reported more and more about news from CES 2021. But other noteworthy things also happened in the world of technology. You will get a summary in this one TechnikNews Weekly.
Jump to section
Trump administration blacklisted Xiaomi
Many will remember the Trump administration blacklisting Huawei. This means that no US company is allowed to trade with the group anymore. For example, Google is no longer allowed to provide Android. Something similar happened with Xiaomi - but the situation is not (yet) that bad. Google services may continue to be used roughly. The only restriction is that US investors will have to withdraw their holdings in Xiaomi.
Ubiquiti accounts have been hacked
On Monday, Ubiquiti advised owners of a Ubiquiti account to change their password. In addition, it is recommended that two-factor authentication be activated in order to make unauthorized access more difficult. In the info mail, the manufacturer wrote about "unauthorized access to IT systems hosted by third-party providers".
CES 2021: information and events
Due to the pandemic, the CES could not take place this year as we all know it. Nevertheless, one Program, but in a digital format. TechnikNews was there for the first time as a media representative. At the beginning of the week we informed you readers about the course of the week and gave an overview of the announcements that can be expected.
TechnikNews Weekly: More articles from the last week
- OnePlus Nord N100 review: A little too little for 200 euros
- Lenovo ThinkReality A3 presented at CES 2021: Smart business glasses
- LG at CES 2021 with smaller TVs, air purifiers and more smart homes
- OnePlus Band: New fitness tracker is official
- Samsung at CES 2021: new 110 inch micro-LED television, robots for washing up and more
- LG Rollable: smartphone with rollable display shown at CES 2021
- Lenovo Yoga Slim 7i Pro with OLED display unveiled at CES 2021
- TCL 20 5G and TCL 20 SE: New smartphones presented at CES 2021
- CES 2021: Mercedes-Benz brings 1,4 meter MBUX hyperscreen into the car
- Sony shows creative tools, camera drone Airpeak, BRAVIA XR televisions and more at CES 2021
- Dolby Voice announced at CES 2021: Better video calling with laptops
- Hitradio Ö3 Podcast Award - nominate our TechnikCast!
- LG Rollable: A roll-out smartphone will come in 2021
- Exynos 2100 presented: This is the new Samsung flagship SoC for CES 2021
- Oppo find x3 Pro: First details and official renders have appeared
- Razer Blade 15 and Razer Blade Pro 17 with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 series shown at CES 2021
- Is the Apple Car coming? Apple CEO Tim Cook with a big announcement for Wednesday
- Vivo X60 and X60 Pro buy: The smartphones are available here
- Samsung Galaxy S21 and S21 + officially presented
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra officially presented: The strongest
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro and SmartTag officially presented
- Xiaomi Foldable in the Chinese subway: when will the foldable smartphone come?
- Xiaomi and Google apps with the USA ban: is that still possible? All questions & answers
- Apple MacBook Pro: Better Proprocessors and displays, magnetic loading and Touch Bar removal
- Signal down: WhatsApp alternative currently not available
- Apple iMac: Redesign with Apple Silicon planned for 2021