TechnikNews Weekly # 186: Samsung Galaxy S21 FE, Apple Event, Xiaomi Launch Event and more
In “Techtember” - that is, in September of technology - there was a lot going on last week. In this TechnikNews As usual, there is a weekly overview of the most important news.
The summer slump has now come to an end, as of now there are again numerous new devices from the well-known manufacturers. This week it was Xiaomi’s turn to host the Global Launch Event, but Apple also showed off new iPhones and iPads. But there is also news about the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE. Hold on tight - there hasn't been that much news in a week for a long time. But don't worry, we'll bring order to chaos.
Jump to section
TechnikNews is now also on YouTube
Before we start with the most-clicked news of the past week, a little announcement on our own behalf. TechnikNews is now expanding its content and can now also be found on the net with its own YouTube channel. You can do the channel right away subscribe hereso as not to miss any more videos. Further details on what to expect can be found in our news:
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE is coming to Germany
This week, Samsung itself indirectly confirmed that the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE will also come to us. A corresponding help page has already gone online. The device is listed under the model number "SM-G990B" and thus supports the 5G standard. Nils has summarized all the details about the specs and other rumors:
New iPads, new Apple Watch Series 7 and iPhone 13 series from Apple
Tuesday evening it was time again – Apple released numerous new devices at the keynote. There's a new iPad 9, iPad mini 6, new Apple Watch Series 7, and new iPhone 13 models. As usual, the latter has an iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max. Apple has also confirmed that iOS 15, along with iPadOS 15 and watchOS 8, will be available for download tomorrow, September 20, 2021.
- Apple iPad 9 revealed: new generation of entry-level tablets
- Apple iPad mini 6: This is what the new, small iPad can do
- Apple Watch Series 7 is here: It brings these innovations
- Apple iPhone 13 series presented: This is what you can expect from this year's Apple smartphones
- iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 will be available on September 20th
- watchOS 8 will be available for download on September 20th
Xiaomi Global Launch: Smartphones, tablets, IoT devices, projectors, televisions, scooters
After the Apple event, things continued with Xiaomi. The Chinese manufacturer did not hold back and felt so many Proproducts like never before presented at an event. We're talking about Xiaomi 11T and 11T smartphones here Pro, the Redmi 10, and Xiaomi 11 Lite NE 5G. Then there is the new Xiaomi Pad 5 as a new tablet, the Mi Electric Scooter Pro 2, a new TV, the Mi Smart Proejector 2 and a WiFi mesh system. All the details can be found in the respective articles, and we also have a hands-on of some of the new devices:
- Xiaomi 11T and 11T Pro presented: The Xiaomi flagships can do that
- Xiaomi 11T (Pro), 11 Lite NE and Pad 5 in hands-on
- Redmi 10 presented: 50 megapixel main camera and 90 Hertz display
- Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE presented: Another Mi 11 Lite model
- Xiaomi Pad 5 presented: Play properly, work smart
- Xiaomi Mesh System AX3000 presented: WiFi 6 throughout the house
- Xiaomi Mi Smart Proejector 2 presented: The portable home cinema with Android TV and more
- Xiaomi Q1E 55 ″ TV presented: This is what the Xiaomi 4K TV can do
- Mi Electric Scooter Pro 2 featured: Built-in display and 300W motor
TechnikNews Weekly: More articles from the last week
Wow - so many articles in the past week. We have a lot more news, tests and advice from the world of technology for you. Feel free to read it, use our list view of the articles and click your way through all the pages.